To ensure each court and the National Native Title Tribunal can achieve their stated purpose, the corporate Entity will build and maintain capability over the four years of this plan by focussing on four key themes: Legislative, Administrative, Information and Communications Technology and People.
- Continue to maintain and build capabilities and efficiencies to ensure the Courts and the Tribunal meet the demands for a range of increased jurisdictional requirements.
- Continue to implement the National Native Title Tribunal’s function in respect of post-determination assistance to common law holders and their corporations.
- Support the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 1) and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 2) to continue to implement and improve the family law case management pathway.
- Support the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 1) and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 2) to continue to build build a national structure for family law Registrars and Court Child Experts, including support structures.
- Restructure service delivery to streamline and maximise services provided to our clients.
- Maximise efficiency in managing national enquiries.
- Deliver services via a range of locations throughout Australia, including regional and remote.
- Aspire to be innovative and commit to a culture of continuous improvement and organisational reform.
- Implement and maintain strong governance arrangements to ensure we are accountable, open, collaborative and responsive.
- Achieve financial sustainability by realising further savings in an effort to achieve a balanced budget.
- Invest in leadership and management to ensure our leaders are responsible, visible, respected and trusted.
Information and Communications Technology
- Improve service delivery through digital platforms and increased efficiency.
- Increase our Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) capability and align our ICT strategies to whole-of-government initiatives.
- Strengthen cybersecurity protection to mitigate risks from current and emerging threats.
- Modernise systems and processes with the capacity to navigate and respond to change.
- Standardise systems and processes that allow us to rapidly respond to client needs.
- Invest in our people to deliver the best outcomes and support a strong and respectful organisational culture.
- Develop and maintain a robust and dynamic workforce-planning model.
- Maintain support for ongoing learning and performance development.
- Build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Form positive and influential relationships with our stakeholders to support better outcomes for the Australian people.
- Negotiate and implement a new Enterprise Bargaining agreement.