This section contains papers delivered at seminars and other events hosted by the Federal Court of Australia.
MLAANZ / Federal Court of Australia Lunchtime Lecture
Salvage learnings from the Thor Commander
24 July 2019, Sydney
* Note: There is some background noise in the audio recording and a gap from 11:40 to 15:30
Increased regulation of litigation funding - a timely crackdown or a regulatory 'solution' in search of a problem?
9 April 2018, Melbourne
Chair: The Hon. Justice Bernard Murphy, Judge of the Federal Court of Australia
- Professor Deborah Hensler, John W Ford. Professor of Dispute Resolution at Stanford Law School, Stanford, California.
- Justice Sarah Derrington, President of the Australian Law Reform Commission and Judge of the Federal Court of Australia.
- Andrew Watson, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- Jason Betts, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Hugh McLer non, Bentham IMF Litigation Funding
- Susan Dunn, Harbour Litigation Funding
- Professor Vicki Waye, University of South Australia
Downloadfull seminar audio - 195 MB
Australian Academy of Law Annual Lecture WA Chapter Lecture
Rationality and reason in administrative law - Would a roll of the dice be just as good?
29 November 2017, Perth
The Hon R French AC
The ethical considerations of alleging conscious maladministration or improper purpose
24 March 2017
Andrew de Wijn, Daniel Diaz
PowerPoint (283 kb) | Accessible text version