Register to Practice

Requirement for practice in the federal courts

A person who is entitled to practise as a barrister or solicitor, or as both, in the Supreme Court of a State or Territory has the same entitlement to practise in the Federal Court of Australia and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (FCAFCOA), provided his or her name appears in the Register of Practitioners kept by the Chief Executive and Principal Registrar of the High Court of Australia.

Refer to the Register of Practitioners on the High Court website for further information.