Information Publication Scheme (IPS) Plan
- Implementing a Federal Court IPS
- Review and evaluation
Includes the IPS and Freedom of Information (FOI) Disclosure Log icons recommended by the Australian Information Commissioner prominently located on the home page which link to the IPS and FOI Disclosure Log pages of the website.
- The information that the Federal Court publishes for the purpose of the IPS.
Manage the information in the possession of the Federal Court relevant to the IPS.
Implementing a Federal Court IPS
Establishing an IPS
In addition, the web pages on the Federal Court’s website for FOI and Privacy have also been revised to accord with the principles in that guideline (as updated). Progressively the websites of the Tribunals mentioned in paragraph 9 (www.competitiontribunal.gov.au, www.copyrighttribunal.gov.au and www.defenceappeals.gov.au) are similarly being revised in accordance with the principles in that guideline.
Information architecture and accessibility
Information required to be published
- Agency plan
- The Plan or any revisions of it
- Who we are
- An organisational chart
- A list of relevant statutory appointments made under the Federal Court Act, the legislation under which each of the Tribunals supported by the Federal Court operate and other relevant legislation
- What we do
- An outline of the functions and powers of the Federal Court
- A list of the statutes of the Parliament which confer original jurisdiction on the Federal Court
- Our reports and responses to Parliament
- Annual reports prepared by the Federal Court under section 18S of the Federal Court Act
- Information compiled or provided in response to an order from the Parliament
- Routinely requested information
- Any information which is regularly provided in response to requests to the Federal Court (subject to the exceptions in paragraph 8(2)(g), FOI Act)
- An outline of the arrangements and processes adopted by the Federal Court in consulting with the public or segments of it on any specific policy proposals for which the Federal Court is responsible
- Contact us
- Contact details for the Federal Court’s FOI contact officer, who can be asked about access to the Federal Court’s information and documents under the FOI Act.
as well as such other headings as may be appropriate depending on the nature of the information.
Administering the IPS
Review and evaluation
Revised: 4 February 2014
Date of effect of revisions: 10 February 2014