About this NPA
The Employment and Industrial Relations National Practice Area (NPA) comprises of civil and criminal matters arising under the Fair Work jurisdiction and related legislation including:
- workplace-related applications
- writs of mandamus or prohibition
- matters transferred or appealed from the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, other Courts or the Fair Work Commission.
- 28 Nov 2023:
Twomey v Que 5 Pty Ltd (No 2)  FCA 1481
COSTS - application for costs pursuant to s 570 of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) - proceedings instituted without reasonable cause - costs awarded
Judge: Jackson J
- 28 Nov 2023:
Pigozzo v Mineral Resources Ltd (No 2)  FCA 1489
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - application for leave to issue subpoenas to give evidence and produce documents returnable at an interlocutory hearing and (or) before trial - where orders made for exchange of affidavit evidence - where witness unwilling to make affidavit - whether oral evidence necessary to facilitate the just resolution of an…
Judge: Feutrill J
- 21 Nov 2023:
B&D Australia Pty Ltd v Automotive, Food, Metals, Engineering, Printing and Kindred Industries Union  FCA 1451
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - interlocutory injunction - whether prima facie cases that respondent contravened s 343 of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and unlawfully trespassed - injunction granted.
Judge: Rofe J
Form & Rules
The key forms and rules for commencing proceedings are:
- Commencing an originating application alleging dismissal in contravention of a general protection proceeding:
- Commencing application for a writ of mandamus, prohibition or injunction under section 39B of the Judiciary Act 1903 (Cth) must file:
To stay up-to-date with news in the Federal Court, including developments in this NPA, subscribe to our email subscription services.
We provide subscriptions to the latest judgments and events (by NPA); Practice News to keep up-to-date with changes to practice and procedure; and Daily Court Listings.