Administrative Notice QLD 4
This Administrative Notice is REVOKED
There will no longer be any administrative state-based notices.
To assist Court users to understand the changes to the practice documents, the Court has prepared:
Proceedings conducted in accordance with the Fast Track Directions
Queensland District Registry
RTF version (22.5 kb)
1. This Notice sets out the administrative arrangements in the Queensland District Registry for proceedings that are to be conducted in accordance with Practice Note CM 8 – Fast Track (‘the Fast Track Directions’).
2. The coordinating Judge for Fast Track proceedings in the Queensland District Registry is Justice Greenwood.
3. An applicant who wishes a proceeding to be conducted in accordance with the Fast Track Directions must comply with Rule 8.05 of the Federal Court Rules 2011 by filing and serving with the originating application an affidavit verifying the relevant parts of the Fast Track Statement. The affidavit may be incorporated into the Fast Track Statement. If the affidavit is not incorporated into the Statement, a copy of the Statement must be annexed to the affidavit.
4. At the Scheduling Conference, unless it is or has been ordered that the proceeding no longer be conducted in accordance with the Fast Track Directions, an order will be made that “Compliance with the requirements of the Federal Court Rules 2011 is dispensed with to the extent that they are inconsistent with the Fast Track Directions as they apply to this proceeding”.
5. The Court’s Fast Track regime does not limit the right of a party to seek an expedited hearing of a proceeding that is not the subject of the Fast Track Directions from the Judge in whose docket the proceeding is listed.
1 August 2011