Administrative Notice VIC 1
This Administrative Notice is REVOKED
There will no longer be any administrative state-based notices.
To assist Court users to understand the changes to the practice documents, the Court has prepared:
Ex parte applications in bankruptcy proceedings and applications for examination summonses under sections 596A & 596B Corporations Act 2001
Victoria District Registry
1. The Victoria District Registry of the Federal Court has commenced a trial of using eCourtroom for the purpose of hearing certain ex parte applications in insolvency related matters. eCourtroom is a virtual courtroom that assists in the management of pre-trial matters by allowing directions and other orders to be made online.
2. These matters are applications for orders for substituted service of bankruptcy notices or creditor’s petitions, or for issue of examination summonses under s81 Bankruptcy Act 1966 or ss596A & 596B Corporations Act 2001. They have until now been heard by Registrars in chambers on Fridays.
3. Applications should be filed as usual. Practitioners should ensure that when an application is lodged, the full name of the practitioner who has the conduct of the file is provided at the foot of the first page of the application as well as his or her email address. More than one practitioner’s name and email address may be provided.
4. Each practitioner will receive an email containing a unique user name and password that will enable the practitioner to log on to eCourtroom. This notification will only occur the first time that a practitioner’s details are entered in the eCourtroom database.
5. A further email will be sent advising that the matter has been set up in eCourtroom. The Registrar allocated to deal with the matter will then communicate with each practitioner via eCourtroom.
6. It is anticipated that these matters will be initially considered within 10 business days of filing.
7. eCourtroom, and further information on how it works, can be found here: https://www.ecourtroom.fedcourt.gov.au/.
25 September 2009