Public Interest Cases (Online Files)
In high profile cases or in cases where there are a high number of media requests for file access, the Court will establish an online file where publicly accessible material will be placed.
Consistent with Rule 2.32 of the Federal Court Rules 2011 restricted documents, such as affidavits and exhibits, only become public once admitted into evidence and approved by the Judge.
Material will be added here as it becomes available.
Basic case details of all Federal Court matters - including court events and orders - can be found on the Commonwealth Courts Portal.
- Pabai Pabai v Commonwealth of Australia
- Ben Roberts-Smith v Fairfax Media & Ors
- Minister for the Environment v Sharma
- Clive Palmer v Mark McGowan
- Westpac v Forum Finance and others (the Forum Finance matter)
- COVID-19 Business interruption insurance test cases
- Adam Fletcher v Christopher Brown
- Joanne Dyer v Sue Chrysanthou
- ASIC v Melissa Caddick & Anor
- In the matter of Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd (Administrators Appointed)
- Sanda v PTTEP Australasia (Ashmore Cartier)
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation v Martin Kane & Ors (finalised 6 April 2020)
- Christian Porter v ABC (finalised 31 August 2021)
- Friends of Leadbeater's Possum Inc v VicForests (finalised 13 August 2021)
- Gary Newman v Minister for Health and Aged Care (finalised 17 May 2021)
- Geoffrey Rush v Nationwide News Pty Limited & Anor (finalised 30 October 2020)
- Novak Djokovic v Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs (finalised 20 January 2022)
- Wotton v State of Queensland (finalised 17 January 2022)