Joint costs advisory committee - 2023 Call for submissions
12 July 2023
The High Court of Australia, Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 1) and Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 2), through the Joint Costs Advisory Committee (JCAC), inquire into, and make recommendations on, any variations in the quantum of costs (including expenses and fees for witnesses) allowable to legal practitioners which should be contained in the scales of costs in the Rules of each of the respective courts.
JCAC’s members are:
- Justice Harper of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (Division 1) (Chair);
- Philippa Lynch, Chief Executive and Principal Registrar of the High Court of Australia;
- Scott Tredwell, General Counsel, Federal Court of Australia;
- Virginia Wilson, Deputy Principal Registrar, Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia; and
- Amanda Morris, National Judicial Registrar, Judicial and Registrar Case Management, Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia.
JCAC welcomes submissions from interested parties on changes to the quantum of costs allowable to legal practitioners under each court’s scale of costs.
Submissions should be sent to:
Deputy Principal Registrar
Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia
PO Box 9991
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Emails should be marked to the attention of the Deputy Principal Registrar in the title. It should be noted that all submissions may be made available to public inspection.
Submissions will be accepted until 23:59 AEST, 11 August 2023.